Saturday, July 23, 2011

What I learned


1. What skills have you learned in this class and how might you apply them to writing in your career or future college courses?
In this class I have learned to add detail to everything, if it is something you cannot back up with a fact, it does not need to be included.
2. How have the readings in the class affected you?
The readings have made me think a lot about mortality, the poetry showed people at their lowest moments, mostly with an air of hope.  The play was amazing, but very somber.
3. How have you met the learning outcomes for the class (which can be found on the syllabus)?
I have learned a lot about respecting others input, even if you disagree, they may have a good point.
Assignments in this class are multi dimensional; they cover a lot of different angles, and it was kind of cool that most of our assignments were blogs. I learned a lot about what is expected in a college class and to be open minded and decide based on the facts instead of prior knowledge of things. And, lastly, I learned a lot about plagiarism and crediting authors for their work.
4. How has your writing or your writing process changed?
I place more emphasis upon prewriting now than I had in the past.
5. What were your challenges in the class?  How were you able to overcome them?
I had a hard time understanding the instructions for assignments, there was a lot of confusion initially,  but that was more me not paying attention so I learned to slow down and read the directions.

3 comments:

  1. Everything you said in your blog was my sentiment exactly. Your choice of words and phrasing were so concise and well thought out. Your blog has a nice flow, which for me is a sign of a good writer. I wish I could have said it so well! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have really good answers. As for me having to blog was had because I don't like people reading my writings. I had to slow down too, now is time to relax for a while until the fall semester starts. Good job.

    ReplyDelete